Hotel Haya’s Flor Fina celebrates new exec chef and menu
Hotel Haya announced the arrival of new exec chef of Flor Fina Chef Eric McHugh last week, who is in charge of creating new dishes at the Latin- and Mediterranean-inspired restaurant.
According to a press release, the new menu will celebrate “the heritage and diversity of the restaurant’s destination, while infusing wow-factors via extravagant and beautiful presentations.
“As befits a restaurant in the heart of Tampa Bay’s most historic neighborhood, Flor Fina’s new menu draws inspiration from Ybor City’s diverse mix of Cuban, Spanish, Italian and other cultures to create a blend of flavors and a dining experience as unique as Hotel Haya itself,” says Chef McHugh. “As we embark on this new chapter of Flor Fina, our culinary and beverage offerings have evolved to emphasize a coastal Mediterranean influence, while still maintaining nods to our Cuban heritage.”
Flor Fina‘s new menu brings a new set of table side presentations to guests’ dinner experience. New dishes include:
- Ceviche Sampler served over a bed of seaweed with dry ice
- Smokey Joe cocktail smoked and presented in a cigar box
- Haya Paella, a tableside version of the classic Paella de Mariscos
- Banana Leaf Snapper served inside a smoking Dutch oven and topped with spicy coconut sauce
- Whole Market Fish deboned and served with ladolemono, blistered heirloom tomatoes, and fresh dill
- Wood fired additions like filet mignon, Tomahawk steak, grass fed NY Strip, and churrasco skirts
- Mezcal Wild Mushroom Flambe
Not only has the food been updated, but so are the drink offerings at Flor Fina, which “aim to further elevate” with modern versions of classic drinks like the Smokey Joe and tropical Painkiller.
“We are excited to share the fabulous flavors and enticing culinary creations that bring Chef Eric’s culinary vision for Flor Fina to our neighbors here in Tampa Bay and across the country,” says Hotel Haya General Manager Peter Wright. “Chef Eric’s visionary menu and exciting new tableside experiences will make Flor Fina a must-visit destination for food-lovers from across the region to discover. ”
Flor Fina is open Tuesday-Friday 11 a.m.-3 p.m. for lunch and Tuesday-Saturday 5 p.m.-10 p.m. for dinner. Weekend brunch is Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Make a reservation here.
The Bar & Lounge are open Monday-Thursday 11 a.m.-11 p.m., Friday-Saturday 11 a.m.-midnight, and Sunday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
Photo c/o Hotel Haya