Willa’s Provisions hosts burrito pop-up this weekend from Exec Sous Chef Uriel Sanchez
Who doesn’t love burritos?! Willa’s Provisions, the all-day café to Willa’s in North Hyde Park, is serving up a special burrito pop-up featuring recipes from Uriel Sanchez, Willa’s executive sous chef. His curated menu is a bit of a story time about his hometown Morelos, Mexico via the food and family recipes passed down through generations plus his own added spins and twists.
Guests can stop by and pick up grab-and-go items like the following:
- Uriel’s Burrito: black beans, cilantro lime rice, pico de gallo, jalapeno lime crema, shredded cabbage, flour tortilla & Chef Uriel’s family chorizo recipe
- Ranchero Burrito: grilled corn, black beans, roasted mushrooms, cilantro lime rice & Uriel’s homemade salsa & flour tortilla
- Willa’s Breakfast Burrito: eggs, cheese, pork belly bacon, frites & a flour tortilla
- Sides include: Totopos Con Salsa (chips & salsa), Totopos Con Guacamole (chips & guac), and Esquites (Mexican grilled corn seasoned with cotija, chipotle aioli, chili powder, onion powder, & garlic powder)
- Prickly Hibiscus Fresca (16 0z.)
Have a ‘lil something sweet with indulgent Mexican desserts including:
- Horchata Soft Serve: a traditional drink-turned-soft serve with sweet rice milk & cinnamon
- Pineapple Sorbet with tajin and pineapple
- Crullers with cinnamon sugar and chocolate sauce
Sanchez’s family meal at Willa’s is what inspired the pop-up.
“We all sit down together for a meal before every shift and everyone is excited when Uriel is cooking,” said co-owner Nate Siegel. “His meals always touch on influences of where he is from and everyone loves it.”
Chef Uriel loves sharing his food with others to enjoy.
“I am honored to get the chance to share these special recipes with Tampa and tell a story of culture and community through food,” says Sanchez. “Everything on the menu is influenced by the food I grew up making and eating everyday.”
The burrito pop-up is 11am-3pm Aug.20-21.
Willa’s Provisions sits at 310 N Rome Ave. Their days and hours are Sunday 8 a.m.-9 p.m., Monday-Tuesday 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Wednesday-Thursday 8 a.m.-9 p.m., and Friday-Saturday 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
Photo c/o Sarah Maingot